Treat Your Skin to a Dash of Cinnamon November 04 2015
Known for its anti-bacterial properties, cinnamon continues to receive attention from both health and skin experts because of its natural ability to fight infection and reduce inflammation. Used in ancient Egypt and China, cinnamon has been shown to help the skin and scalp in the following ways:
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles. By stimulating blood vessels, cinnamon helps to plump skin by bringing more blood to the surface therefore, naturally filling in those laugh lines and crows feet.
- Nourishing the scalp. Acting as both an exfoliating agent and a skin tissue stimulant, cinnamon, in a paste with olive oil and honey, nourishes the scalp, keeping it less likely to develop issues like dandruff.
- Treating eczema flare-ups. Some sufferers of eczema have found relief from the itchy dry patches by applying a mixture of cinnamon and honey when they become inflamed. Try not to use this remedy on patches on the face however as they are often too sensitive.
- Treating acne. The same honey and cinnamon mixture (three parts to one) helps to reduce the occurrence and appearance of acne and blemishes by unclogging pores and bringing oxygen and blood to the surface. Leaving the paste on overnight, do not apply more than once a week.
- Healing cuts and wounds. Several studies have shown that true cinnamon's anti-bacterial properties can be used in reducing the risk of staph infections. By killing the bacterial presence in small wounds and cuts, healing times are accelerated by just a pinch of cinnamon applied before dressing.
- Promoting a youthful appearance. In conjunction with the reduction of the appearance of wrinkles, cinnamon has been shown, in various studies, to actually encourage the synthesis of collagen. Collagen growth helped participants to experience firmer, more youthful looking skin for up to six hours after applying a cinnamon face cream.
At Organic Wise, we know first-hand all the amazing health benefits that ceylon cinnamon delivers. With our organic cinnamon, taking advantage of all of cinnamon's beneficial properties is just an order away. Experience for yourself the difference organic cinnamon by Organic Wise can make in your daily life.